- 1000kg cleaned mussels
- 50ml dry white wine
- 2 tbsp chopped parsley
- 4 shallots, sliced
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 30g butter
- Melt butter in a large saucepan
- Add shallots and garlic
- Cook for 4 minutes, add mussels and wine
- Place over high heat, bring to boil
- Cover and cook until they’ve opened (5m)
- Shake pan frequently, strain cooking liquor through sieve
- Bring liquid to the boil and reduce by half.
- Season and add parsley + cream if desired. Pour over mussels.
These are some recipes collected over the years in kitchens. They are mainly in note form, hence rough, and often scribbled down like a madwoman. Contact me if it’s all too confusing!