Peanut butter jelly bars
Note: 230g = 1 cup
- 1.5 cups plain flour
- 1 pinch baking powder
- 1 cup peanut butter
- .75 cup golden sugar
- .5 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter at room temp
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup jam
- 2/3 cup coarsley chopped roasted peanuts
- Preheat oven 180°c
- Veg oil in small baking pan
- Cream butter peanut butter and sugar. Add flour (mixed with baking powder and salt). Beat until fully combined.
- Mix should be crumbly / pastry-like dough.
- Divide in two and put one half in freezer
- Squidge the rest into the pan
- Smear a layer of jam over the top
- Leave it for about 5 mins and then remove dough from freezer
- Crumble it over jam, layer and press down to level
- Sprinkle chopped peanuts over the top
- Bake in oven for 30mins until the top starts to brown
These are some recipes collected over the years in kitchens. They are mainly in note form, hence rough, and often scribbled down like a madwoman. Contact me if it’s all too confusing!